Sunday, October 27, 2013

In My Own Words (For Zipper)

December 2005 - Zipper came into our lives from the Willamette Humane Society. She was named not only because she had an abundance of energy, but also because of the zipper design that ran down her back.

I'll admit that after my previous dealings with dogs, I was not enthused about having a new one in my life. I had a family dog growing-up, and when we had to put her to sleep, it scarred me. Also, when I was a child, I experienced a pit bull attack a cat. This also scarred me, but in a different way.

Within the first month, Zipper melted all my fears and apprehensiveness away. I felt a love I had never felt for someone that I wasn't either married or related to. I would have done anything for her.

February 2012 -  Zipper began experiencing some odd symptoms and strange lesions on her body and face. After several attempts to get advice and diagnosis from our veterinarians, we had to take her to the emergency vet hospital. They took her in for the night and it was decided that we'd consult with our vet in the morning.

Early in the morning on the next day, I receive a chilling phone call that Zipper had passed on.

This is just the first of many stories I intend to relate to make each of you aware of 2 things:
  1. My Dog Zipper was a wonderful treat to this world, and was taken away from us way too soon.
  2. Because of the ineptitude of Nichole DeBellis, I learned a harsh lesson that #PrednisoneKills.

This post brought to you thanks to the First Amendment:

No comments:

Post a Comment